When your payment unexpectedly declines, there could be a number of reasons why. Normally when a payment processor declines, it indicates that the customer’s bank has refused the transaction request.
The most common reasons for declines are either:
- Incorrect credit card number.
- Invalid CVC code.
- Expiration date has passed on the card.
- Insufficient funds on the card.
- The cards bank has declined based on location.
- The cards bank's fraud rules blocked the transaction.
To resolve the declined payment, follow the below steps.
- Make sure the information that matches your cards billing information.
- Make sure that they're funds available on the card or bank account.
- Call the bank that issued the card and ask them to "accept the incoming transaction". Note: You may need to provide your bank the amount that is being charged and a brief description of the what is being bought when you call the bank.
- If the above doesen't seem to work, please use a different card.